Most helpful customer reviews
44 of 45 people found the following review helpful.
Having run through my supply of Kenda Kwicks, and with Kenda not making the Kwick any longer, I gave the Kross a try.
The key to a semi-slick is how the slick section is constructed. The idea is that the “slick” part – and only the “slick” part – contacts hard pavement, and then as the surface gets softer, progressively more of the tire is engaged.
The Kwick did this very well, featuring a variety of low-profile knobs and bars across the “slick” portion that contributed very little in the way of rolling resistance or vibration, but helped handle the transition from hard pack to all-out soft (where the big side lugs engage)
The Kross instead concentrates on road performance. The “road rib” has serrated edges that presumably dig in on intermediate surfaces, but the main part of the contact patch is entirely smooth.
This, in practice, makes for a nice and fast road-going tire, and it does passably well in very soft stuff. But on intermediate surfaces, like most singletrack, this tire is a slithery mess. It locks up under braking, it spins loose on climbs, and it times, it requires Shakira levels of body English to keep the bike under you.
As a road tire, it is very good – I did 160 km on it one weekend with a smooth and secure ride. As a road with a little trail – just fine. But as a singletrack tire… it’s just OK. Unlike a full slick, you can get away with some trail use, but be prepared to slither a bit.
33 of 34 people found the following review helpful.
Only downside is their ability to deal with uneven sidewalk … like two slabs at slightly different heights (say, anything over a three-quarter inch difference in height). However, this may be a result of my weight (clyde) and the high pressure I keep them at (lower pressure would certainly help). So really, it’s not a down side at all, it’s a trade off that you’d get with any tire at any price.
These get me to class and several 10 mile trips during the week, I couldn’t ask for more.
21 of 22 people found the following review helpful.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Texsport Bazaar Armchair (Blue 20.07-Inch
- Wenzel Sprout 6 X 5-Feet Two-person
- Weber 7420 Gourmet Bbq System Sear Grate Set
- Thermacell Mr-9w Cordless Mosquito
- Repel Hg-406t Lemon Eucalyptus 4-Ounce
- 3M Ultrathon Srl-12 Insect Repellent
- Wenzel Pine Ridge 10-By-8 Foot
- Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool With
- Victorinox Swiss Army Climber Pocket Knife
- Eagles Nest Guardian Bug Net
- Camelbak Rogue 70 Oz Hydration Pack
- Coleman Converta Cot
- Tear-aid Repair Kit B
- Platypus Big Zip Sl Hydration System – 34835
- Coleman 24-Piece Enamelware Dining Kit
- Mongoose Gavel Boy’s Freestyle Bike
- Kenda Nevegal Standard And Tubeless Bike
- Park Tool Rolling Adjustable Height Shop
- Kenda Kross Plus Wire
- Sunlite Steel Touring Stem For 1 22.2Mm
- Action Sports
- Bikes And Accessories
- Boating And Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Exercise And Fitness
- Fan Shop
- Hunting And Fishing
- Leisure Sports And Games
- Other Sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball And Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Sports And Outdoors Software