Most helpful customer reviews
13 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
According to the company’s information, I was right on the cusp between two sizes, and I ordered the larger of the two because I personally don’t like the compression to be terribly tight. I found that going with the larger size was a good decision for me–it’s very comfortable, but I can still feel a useful amount of compression. Their sizes are Small (11-12-inch calves), Medium (11.5-13.25″ calves), Large (13.25-14.25″ calves), X-Large (14.25-15.5″ calves). If you have calves bigger than 15.5 inches, this particular type of calf brace doesn’t have a size to fit you.
The name of the company is Alpha Medical L.L.C. They are at 303 Church Street, Rock Hill, SC 29730, and their website is “alphabrace,” not “alphamedical,” as you might expect. This product ships directly from them, not Amazon, but they shipped super fast. I actually got my order from them before I got an order placed with Amazon on the same day.
The care instructions on the compression braces are as follows: Hand wash them with mild soap, and do not put them in the dryer or iron them. I wash mine in the bathroom, squeezing liquid hand soap into a sink full of warm water. After rinsing, I hang them up in the shower. It takes about 24 hours for them to dry completely, so I bought six of these braces in order to have two clean, dry braces to wear every day.
As for how well the product works, I think calf compression is great. I experienced a noticeable difference in shin pain within the first day I started using them, and my shin pain decreased further every day until I was pain free. Since shin pain often radiates to the feet, my foot pain from extensive walking is gone, too. In fact, I have been without pain the year and eight months I have been wearing them daily. I plan to continue wearing them indefinitely as a preventive measure.
I have uploaded some pictures on this product page so you can see what the braces look like after being hand washed about 200 times. As you can see, they are holding up really well. They are not stretched out or raveling in any way, and in my opinion, the compression is still very good.
9 of 9 people found the following review helpful.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Texsport Bazaar Armchair (Blue 20.07-Inch
- Wenzel Sprout 6 X 5-Feet Two-person
- Weber 7420 Gourmet Bbq System Sear Grate Set
- Thermacell Mr-9w Cordless Mosquito
- Repel Hg-406t Lemon Eucalyptus 4-Ounce
- 3M Ultrathon Srl-12 Insect Repellent
- Wenzel Pine Ridge 10-By-8 Foot
- Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool With
- Victorinox Swiss Army Climber Pocket Knife
- Eagles Nest Guardian Bug Net
- Camelbak Rogue 70 Oz Hydration Pack
- Coleman Converta Cot
- Tear-aid Repair Kit B
- Platypus Big Zip Sl Hydration System – 34835
- Coleman 24-Piece Enamelware Dining Kit
- Mongoose Gavel Boy’s Freestyle Bike
- Kenda Nevegal Standard And Tubeless Bike
- Park Tool Rolling Adjustable Height Shop
- Kenda Kross Plus Wire
- Sunlite Steel Touring Stem For 1 22.2Mm
- Action Sports
- Bikes And Accessories
- Boating And Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Exercise And Fitness
- Fan Shop
- Hunting And Fishing
- Leisure Sports And Games
- Other Sports
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball And Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Sports And Outdoors Software